I haven’t done a “top 10” for a while, so here we go! I’ve been thinking about decluttering, and recently every time I look around the house I see collections of stuff around me. Me no likey.
So here are my Top 10 (there are more) collections of stuff I would like to have less of:
- pens. There is a mug in the kitchen, one in the dining room, 2 and a bag in beloved’s room, and a mug, 2 pencilcases, 2 sets of felt tips, some colouring pencils and some 4-coloured biros in the spare room – my workspace. Possibly we have enough to keep us going til we retire. Probably longer.
- notebooks. I currently have 12. I’m taking 5 to school as a writing implement – that gives me anxiety – but I still have 7 notebooks waiting to have great thoughts put in them.
- yarn. Not my precious nice yarn – don’t be MaD! – but the leftovers, the acrylics, the seemed a good idea at the time yarns.
- books. I love my library and everytime I go in take out a couple of books. Due to the time deadline this means the library books always get read first. I have a bookcase full of cookbooks and textile books that I occasionally dip into, and a bookcase full of novels and simple living books that I am so excited to read (and 4 piled next to the bed). Until I’ve read them thought, I am loathe to donate or pass them on!
- school resources. I have 5 boxes (2 destined for the loft) full of resources, training documents, sounds, planning ideas, a bookcase full of story books and National Strategy Books… and overflow piles of folders. I need to minimise or streamline or donate or get a job with a cupboard soon.
- wires. Husband is a software engineer. He has lots of computers. We, therefore, have lots of wires. everywhere. More so upstairs because downstairs is bunny-proofed, but sometimes it makes me worry. I am naturally clumsy and accident-prone and I broke my coccyx by tripping over my own feet on a slightly slippery slight incline – walking. So tripping on wires is a possible threat to my well-being!
- gift bags and jiffy bags. Always kept to reused. Seem to receive more than we use.
- envelope folders. Coming. Out. Of. Every. Drawer. Some filled. Some empty. Combined = ToO mAnY!
- bed linen. But it is all so pretty! Even though most of it doesn’t fit our bed anymore.
- gifts. I have 2 drawers full of gifts, no I just checked, it’s 3. Never seem to fit the people I am giving too to.
Have you any stashes to get rid of?