AngelJem has nominated me for an award! My second ever and within a month!
The Liebster award is for blogs with less than 300 followers; that’s me! Thank you!
Here are the rules;
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
So I have to write 11 random facts and then answer her questions. As I just awarded teh supersweet blogger award, I’m not going to award it to another 11 blogs, but thank you so much to AngelJem for the sweet thought!
Here we go:
I have raynauds phenonomenon (bad circulation) so the recent cold weather hasn’t been as bad for me, I’m as cold as ever – I can’t get colder.
- Aged 3 I begged my mum to let me start learning the violin. Her friend tried to put me off, and ended up being my teacher until I was 12, then again from 15-17.
- I can’t work out why I took up knitting, but I’m glad I did.
- I am surprising myself by how calm I am about not having an income come 1 April.
- I ache to be a Godmother, but I haven’t started aching to be a mum.
- I love to collect children’s books like Elmer, Jill Murphy books and colouring books.
- when I was a kid I couldn’t have been more like my maternal grandpa, as I age I am turning into my maternal granny.
- husband knows I’m not well when I haven’t knitted in a couple of days.
- I desperately want to do a caravan holiday and a narrowboat holiday, I feel like it would be amazing to see if I could live in such a small space.
- when I went to Washington DC for my 18th birthday with my parents I felt like I’d come home. I’ve always wanted to live in America.
- my favourite topics that I’ve taught are “transport” with a trip to the local bus garage and going through a bus wash on the top of a double decker (so much learning came out of this!) and “all around the world” with an art exhibition for the parents at the end, that raised money to buy something the kids wanted – remote control cars narrowly won over a rabbit.
AngelJem’s questions to other people;
1. What was the best advice anyone ever gave you?
you can’t be anyone else, be who you need to be.
2. What clothing do you like best?
dresses and knee high boots, but I have the figure for neither
3. Where would you like your heart to be buried? (like Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee)
I’ve promised most of my body parts to people who need organ donors – so I’d like to to be buried having helped someone live a life they thought they’d never have. Though I don’t like the thought of it. I refused to put my eyes on the list as I think I would be freaked out by the idea that someone is seeing through my eyes… I know not entirely rational!
4. How do you prefer your eggs?
Poached, and not the egg white. yolk only really. and I have to fancy them. Actually scrub that – I like my eggs in cakes.
5. What was your favourite toy when you were young?
6.Who would you like to be stuck on a desert island with?
My husband, he understands me better than anyone.
7. Why did you pick your blogname or online name?
because I am refuse to be ordinary, I’m not like your avereage Joe. I have never been in with the in crowd, and at the time I thought it was clever…
8. Do you have a favourite cocktail?
I’m tea total.
9. What is your favourite time of year?
10. What was the silliest thing anybody ever said to you?
too many to mention – I work with 4/5yr olds.
11. When in history would you like to have lived? (you can take some modern conveniences with you if you like)
Plantagenet, or Tudor times, if I could have tea, a toilet and be one of the wealthier ones!
Ok! So if you like the randomness then add 11 random facts to your blog and linky to here – and put a comment below so I can come and have a nosey!