A year’s end brings the time to consider the past 366 days, and how they felt, what happened, and whether I have made the most of each and every one (normally, no). So let’s consider the year…
- I started the year with credit card debts that I hated
- and fractured my coccyx which meant 3 weeks of work
- I enjoyed my time at home and becoming accustomed to our new house
- I had problems with my mainland car and had to put £70 of oil into it as despite the Smart garage and the sales man looking at it, apparently it was fine – the practically flat tyres and 0 oil in the engine went unnoticed til beloved had a look in exasperation…
- Later this month I wrote off my smart car by hitting a wild pony
- which meant my credit card went sky high when I had to hire a car to keep me going to work.
- but we did enjoy an amazing valentines day at our local family restaurant
- and I went to Unravel in Farnham, which is my favourite knitting festival.
- A reasonably sedate month with wedding dress fittings, ring shopping, and other bridal things
- I also bought a new car, and had to take out a car loan.
- we enjoyed mothers’ day
- and I had yet another makeup and hair trial for the wedding
- as well as a great course on how to make decorative doorstops
- Always a busy month, it was
- my sister-in-law’s birthday
- my 30th!!!!
- nephew’s birthday
- beloved’s birthday
- mum’s birthday
- we had a wedding food tasting
- and we went to Oxford for the weekend
- Beloved changed jobs,
- I had a job interview (didn’t get it)
- and mum and I went to the Brockenhurst needlework fair
- It started with my hen weekend doing ceramics, knitting and crochet over the bank holiday weekend
- we also did our gift list for the wedding
- our usher came down and all the boys including beloved stepson had suit fittings for the wedding.
- I had an operation and was off work for 2 weeks,
- Simon had his stag do over the second bank holiday weekend
- and mum came and watched Eurovision with me
- we discover that our photographer’s wife is due to give birth on our wedding day
- and we celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee
- we had a themed Olympics week at school
- and I spent 4 days writing school reports.
- School finished, but before that
- I organised a school trip to the farm
- I met Kirstie Allsopp who was filming for her latest series at my school (SQUEE!)
and we finally got married!
- then went on honeymoon!
- we visited Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest on honeymoon
- and the rest of the summer I spent changing my name to Mrs….
- and making wedding photo calendats
- and wedding photo collages
- and writing wedding thank yous
- and taking delivery of gift list
- and rewriting the school’s RE curriculum (YAY)
- my niece turned 3
- and apparently some sports’ event happened in London…
- I went to a christening
- and a Golden wedding party
- we had board game night
- and my brother had his birthday.
- as well as restarting school in what would be rather a traumatic year
- mum, my bestie and I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show
- I got new glasses
- we had family friends over for lunch
- we carved a pumpkin with beloved stepson who designed it like usual
- I went to the v&a costume exhibition
- and the dentist decided I was starting to get bad teeth. 😦
- beloved and I commemorated 5 years since meeting
- I finished my christmas shopping
- and weapped it
- brother-in-law turned 35
- and 2 of beloved’s best mates came down for the weekend
- we went to see Starlight Express at the theatre – a real treat as we rarely go to the cinema, let alone the theatre
- we had a fondue party with friends for her birthday
- met a friend who has now moved away for coffee
- survived the end of term madness
- and nativity performance
- hosted my first christmas to great success!
No wonder I am so tired…
How was your 2012?